Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa strongly believes that people are our greatest asset. We value the energy, reliability and dedication of our staff and are committed to providing a conducive learning environment to groom people who are interested in pursuing a career with Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa.
If you have the burning passion and pride in providing excellent services, and are able to radiate sincerity to both guests and team members, you are just the person we are looking for.
Jobs in our hotel in Singapore include a competitive remuneration package and a challenging work environment with enormous scope and opportunities for career advancement. Join us and be part of our exciting hospitality team!
Current Job Vacancies at our hotel in Singapore
- Supervise the function of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs, hence contribute to maximize the overall Food & Beverage department bottom line. Control and analyze, on an on-going basis, as follows: Quality levels of production and presentation; guest satisfaction; Merchandising and Marketing; Operating food cost; Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Offer the guest a culinary quality experience in term of product, creativity and presentation
- Preparation of menus taking into consideration market needs, competition, trends, potential costs, availability of food products, merchandising and promotion
- Developing and establishing relationships with suppliers and food producers working closely with the purchasing department on market lists and ordering procedures
- Optimize sales by answering the wishes of the customer in the respect for Sofitel Standards
- Coordinate and manage the kitchen crew : create a dynamic of team allowing all the ambassadors to be, permanently, in the service of the customer
- Is rigorous, applies and ensures that others apply strict hygiene and safety regulations
- Ensure an environment where Ambassadors can function free of hazards
- Establish effective employee relations, drive employee engagement and maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and employees
Skills & Experience
- Shows creativity and is motivated to establish the new kitchen concept
- Knows how to implement an adapted version of the new concept in other outlets as well, notably room service, banqueting, etc.
- Believes in and follows the brand’s vision, contributing his/her talent to the brand Is open, shows curiosity and seeks out new trends
- Is innovative and modern, creating exceptional dishes
- Is a perfectionist; a sharp eye for detail leads to excellence
- Possesses excellent communication skills, plays a role in public relations both with hotel guests and towards the public and media
- Has an equal passion for creating a high-quality breakfast buffet
- Is a hands-on Chef who leads his team and is actively involved in building this restaurant’s reputation
- Knowledge of HACCP regulation
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting, and scheduling.
Please note that this position is available under local contract only and as of January 2015.