- Supervise the function of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs, hence contribute to maximize the overall Food & Beverage department bottom line. Control and analyze, on an on-going basis, as follows: Quality levels of production and presentation; guest satisfaction; Merchandising and Marketing; Operating food cost; Cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene.
- Offer the guest a culinary quality experience in term of product, creativity and presentation
- Preparation of menus taking into consideration market needs, competition, trends, potential costs, availability of food products, merchandising and promotion
- Developing and establishing relationships with suppliers and food producers working closely with the purchasing department on market lists and ordering procedures
- Optimize sales by answering the wishes of the customer in the respect for Sofitel Standards
- Coordinate and manage the kitchen crew : create a dynamic of team allowing all the ambassadors to be, permanently, in the service of the customer
- Is rigorous, applies and ensures that others apply strict hygiene and safety regulations
- Ensure an environment where Ambassadors can function free of hazards
- Establish effective employee relations, drive employee engagement and maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and employees
Skills & Experience
- Shows creativity and is motivated to establish the new kitchen concept
- Knows how to implement an adapted version of the new concept in other outlets as well, notably room service, banqueting, etc.
- Believes in and follows the brand’s vision, contributing his/her talent to the brand Is open, shows curiosity and seeks out new trends
- Is innovative and modern, creating exceptional dishes
- Is a perfectionist; a sharp eye for detail leads to excellence
- Possesses excellent communication skills, plays a role in public relations both with hotel guests and towards the public and media
- Has an equal passion for creating a high-quality breakfast buffet
- Is a hands-on Chef who leads his team and is actively involved in building this restaurant’s reputation
- Knowledge of HACCP regulation
- A strong understanding of operational controls, budgeting, forecasting, and scheduling.
Please note that this position is available under local contract only and as of January 2015.